Emergency Management of Asthma 22024VIC
2 hour course
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide asthma related first aid to an individual.
- Define cause and effects of asthma
- Recognition of individuals at risk
- Signs and symptoms of an asthma attack- mild, moderate and severe
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- Provide asthma first aid management
- Use of of asthma bronchodilator medication using a spacer
- Develop risk minimisation and management strategies for asthma
- Action Plans
- Communicate detail of the incident to Emergency services
Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance. There are no course pre-requisites for Asthma training.
The face to face training is 2 hours and covers both theory and practical aspects of Asthma Training.
Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or will be refused entry.
Apply First Aid provides training for groups of 5-24 students at your office or workplace.
The Asthma course can be customised to meet your industry requirements. Apply First Aid also provides an Advanced Management System to notify clients and students when certificates are due to expire, ensuring staff are always compliant.
State-of-the art resources and learning material are provided for theory and practical learning and all students must pass the course prior to receiving certification.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited course – 22024VIC Course in the Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace.
ertificates are emailed following each course.
The certificate is valid for 3 years from the completion date.
Enrolment Confirmation Once enrolled, Healthcorp will email students an Asthma booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrolment.
To Book contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / Ph: 0421761095